Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad Idea #49: August 5, 2010

It's over a hundred degrees outside, and not a breeze in sight.

Perfect day for a morning run, right?

Right.

But I hate being bogged down by water when I run, I so forego hydrating prior.

That way I won't get stitches from being water-logged, or hate myself because I drank too much and have to use the restroom halfway through my run, right?

Right.

Wait.

WRONG.

Guys. It's a terrible idea to go out on a six mile run in the heat, especially if you haven't had any fluids. 4 miles in, I was soaking wet. This would've cooled me off HAD THERE BEEN ANY WIND. Now that I think about it, there wasn't even any AIR. I was just running and suffocating in the heat when it happened. Call me a wuss, but I don't think that you are supposed to get violent cold chills in hundred degree weather. I had to stop at mile five and walk, praying I wouldn't die. I even stopped to drink from a gross, mud covered public water fountain. Thinking I was saved, I gulped the stuff down as fast as I could, only to HURL it from my body seconds later due to the fact that a) it was hot. I could've made a chai tea with that shit, and b) it TASTED like DIRT.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Wake up early enough to run before the sun rises to power and tries to KILL you.

Dying,
Julia

1 comment: